23/07/2018 – Fairs&Events
CBME China 2018 and CKF 2018 Opens with over 4,332 Brands
The 18th Shanghai International Children Baby and Maternity Products Industry Expo (CBME China 2018), and Cool Kids Fashion Shanghai (CKF) opens its doors on 25-27 July at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).
The fair features over 4,332 brands from 3,065 exhibitors at 266,548 sqm exhibition space. CBME China 2018 and CKF 2018 gathers all child, baby and maternity brands, products and services, to address market demand and promote industry innovation. Participating brands include: Britax, Dolly, Dave Bella, Frogprince, Hape, Janus, Joie, Little Freddie, Maxi-Cosi, Pigeon, Philips Avent, Rag mart, Swiss, Unicharm, Vtech, Wyeth, and more.
“The younger generation parents are looking for higher quality products with innovative design, multi-function products, including toys. Personalization is now a priority. This year, we will present a variety of international-branded toys and products,” says Ms Zhongmei, Managing Director, Kidsland China.
“Chinese consumers are becoming more demanding and are looking for strollers that fit within their busy lives that are lightweight, compact and easy to fold. However they still want something that is inherently stylish and design led, and often something that is unique or innovative within the market,” Mr Nick Paxton, CEO, Silver Cross.
Featured zones to address new market demands
Influenced by increasing per capita income, lifestyle changes and the rise of middle class, the next-generation consumers have shifted market needs and demands. Mom’s health, beauty and fitness, early education for babies and kids, outdoor recreation, smart devices and home products, these non-traditional products and services are now part of changing market needs.
- Non-traditional Product Zones: Fabulous Mom Zone, Fun Learning Zone, Fine Food Zone - Natural Products, Outdoor Recreation and Sports Zone, and the first "Smart Home" will showcase new growth opportunities for the industry in response to changing market demands. “Non-traditional Product Zones is an extension of traditional products, we need to meet the new needs of parents,” Ms Gaoqin, Vice President, Baby.com.cn.
- International Pavilions: In 2018, 14 international pavilions from Australia, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, North America, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, and United Kingdom are featured at the fair. The international pavilion participation has seen increase by 40 per cent for exhibitors and 37 per cent for brands over the 2017
- Cool Kids Fashion Shanghai 2018: More than 105 kids fashion brands from 17 countries and regions will showcase their latest collections. Other highlights include Kids Fashion Design Contest/Gallery, Trend Forums, Kids Fashion Shows and more.
Other Events at CBME China 2018 to help industry discern trends and promote development
- CBME China Industry Summits and Seminars 2018 takes on the theme “Follow the Trend, Seize the Moment”. 27 industry experts from child baby and maternity products industry including brand owners, retailers, distributors, investors, commercial real estate, e-commerce companies will share the latest market trends, case studies and discuss issues affecting the industry.
- As the industry’s most anticipated awards, CBME AWARDS 2018 brings renowned experts, industry leaders and media together. Short-listed entries will be on display at the CBME AWARDS Gallery. These entries have been hand-picked and deliberated by a “100-judge expert panel”. These awards aims to recognize the companies and individuals who have contributed to the advancement of the industry in China and across the world. Awards include "Influential Brand of the Year Awards", "Innovative Products Awards", "Top Retailer of the Year Award", "Lifetime Achievement Award", and "Top Area Retailer of the Year Awards".
- "Museum & Culture in Shanghai Style" Shanghai Creative Design Contest for Kids Fashion: In cooperation with Shanghai Museum, 10 National Treasures has been provided as design inspiration for contestants to design and create new designs for kids fashion. The 42 finalists’ works will be on display at the Kids Fashion Design Gallery and winners will be announce at awards ceremony will be held on 26 July 2018 in North Hall Dome . “The contest aims to explore the "Copyright + Design" concept wherein the collections and exhibits of cultural institutions like museums will be incorporated to "merchandise" and "products". We hope to increase awareness of more consumers and businesses through new retail,” says Mr Zugu, Deputy Director, Culture Administration of Changning District.
- A series of business matching sessions have been organized with local and international visitors including retailers, distributors, e-commerce companies, supermarkets/hypermarkets, department stores, commercial real estate.
Participating companies include Amazon Global Selling (USA), Auchan (France), Aiyingshi.com (China), Baodaxiang (China), Dangdang.com (China), Gome (China), Jd.com (China), Mia.com (China), Mikibobo (China), Pinduoduo (China), RT-Mart (China), Rainbow (China), Suning.com (China), Vipshop.com (China), Wu-Mart (China), Zhongyibabies (China) and more.
- Best Baby Products Store Sales Person Awards aims to help baby product stores to increase customer retention rate and sales revenue through well-trained sales personnel. This year, 28,277 sales from baby stores from all over China vie for the title. Judging and awarding of the 22 winners will be on 26 July 2018 in North Hall Dome.
“CBME China aims to help the industry identify, address and take advantage of the shifting and emerging market demands. CBME China will continue to focus on the now, lead the future, protecting intellectual property rights and promote industry innovation and growth,” says Ms Athena Gong, General Manager, UBM China (Hangzhou) Co., Ltd.
Co-located with CBME China 2018, Licensing Expo China in Hall 2 will showcase more than 425 hot IP from all over the world. A series of industry events will be held during fair, boosting the development of new licensing market.